Cabbage and Brats Recipe
- 1 small head cabbage (1-1/2 pounds)
- 1 large sweet onion
- 1 package (19-1/2 ounces) turkey bratwurst links, casing removed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Cut cabbage in half through the core. Remove core and cut cabbage into 1/4-in. slices; set aside. Cut onion in half and cut into 1/4-in. slices; set aside. In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook and stir bratwurst over medium-high heat for 8 minutes or until browned on all sides. Drain and remove bratwurst; set aside and keep warm.
- 2. Add cabbage and onion to the same skillet; cook and stir for 6 minutes. Sprinkle with soy sauce, garlic powder and pepper. Cook and stir for 4 minutes longer. Return bratwurst to skillet. Cook for 2 minutes. Cover; reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes or until vegetables are tender and bratwurst is cooked through. Serve immediately. Yield: 5 servings.
One serving (1 bratwurst with 1 cup vegetables) equals 274 calories, 16 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 75 mg cholesterol, 929 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 18 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 3 vegetable, 1 fat.
Reviews for Cabbage and Brats
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer