Cabbage and Brats Recipe
- 1 small head cabbage (1-1/2 pounds)
- 1 large sweet onion
- 1 package (19-1/2 ounces) turkey bratwurst links, casing removed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Cut cabbage in half through the core. Remove core and cut cabbage into 1/4-in. slices; set aside. Cut onion in half and cut into 1/4-in. slices; set aside. In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook and stir bratwurst over medium-high heat for 8 minutes or until browned on all sides. Drain and remove bratwurst; set aside and keep warm.
- 2. Add cabbage and onion to the same skillet; cook and stir for 6 minutes. Sprinkle with soy sauce, garlic powder and pepper. Cook and stir for 4 minutes longer. Return bratwurst to skillet. Cook for 2 minutes. Cover; reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes or until vegetables are tender and bratwurst is cooked through. Serve immediately. Yield: 5 servings.
One serving (1 bratwurst with 1 cup vegetables) equals 274 calories, 16 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 75 mg cholesterol, 929 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 18 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 3 vegetable, 1 fat.
Reviews for Cabbage and Brats
"Delicious! We can't believe how tasty this is with such simple ingredients. Will be making again!"
"I added an apple to this recipe and my husband loved it!"
"I loved this recipe. It's very tasty"
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer