Sausage shows up on the table often at Melanie Jones' place. "I make this simple stir-fried supper about every other week," she pens from Springfield, Illinois. Soy sauce and garlic powder add flavor to each bite of turkey bratwurst.
- 1 small head cabbage (1-1/2 pounds)
- 1 large sweet onion
- 1 package (19-1/2 ounces) turkey bratwurst links, casing removed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Cut cabbage in half through the core. Remove core and cut cabbage into 1/4-in. slices; set aside. Cut onion in half and cut into 1/4-in. slices; set aside. In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook and stir bratwurst over medium-high heat for 8 minutes or until browned on all sides. Drain and remove bratwurst; set aside and keep warm.
- Add cabbage and onion to the same skillet; cook and stir for 6 minutes. Sprinkle with soy sauce, garlic powder and pepper. Cook and stir for 4 minutes longer. Return bratwurst to skillet. Cook for 2 minutes. Cover; reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes or until vegetables are tender and bratwurst is cooked through. Serve immediately. Yield: 5 servings.
Originally published as Cabbage And Brats in Light & Tasty December/January 2004, p11
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Cabbage and Brats
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Oct. 1, 2011
"I added an apple to this recipe and my husband loved it!"
Reviewed Oct. 6, 2010
"I loved this recipe. It's very tasty"