Cabbage and Brats Recipe
- 1 small head cabbage (1-1/2 pounds)
- 1 large sweet onion
- 1 package (19-1/2 ounces) turkey bratwurst links, casing removed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Cut cabbage in half through the core. Remove core and cut cabbage into 1/4-in. slices; set aside. Cut onion in half and cut into 1/4-in. slices; set aside. In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook and stir bratwurst over medium-high heat for 8 minutes or until browned on all sides. Drain and remove bratwurst; set aside and keep warm.
- Add cabbage and onion to the same skillet; cook and stir for 6 minutes. Sprinkle with soy sauce, garlic powder and pepper. Cook and stir for 4 minutes longer. Return bratwurst to skillet. Cook for 2 minutes. Cover; reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes or until vegetables are tender and bratwurst is cooked through. Serve immediately. Yield: 5 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a medium white wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Protea Chenin Blanc South Africa 2011. Honeysuckle and pear, with a hint of lemon, makes this perfect with any fish or chicken dish. Buy now and get 2 bottles for $29.99. Order Now
Reviews for Cabbage and Brats
Sort By :
I added an apple to this recipe and my husband loved it!
I loved this recipe. It's very tasty