Cabbage and Beef Soup Recipe
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 medium head cabbage, chopped
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 tomato can water
- 4 teaspoons beef bouillon granules
- Minced fresh parsley
- In a Dutch oven, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in the remaining ingredients except parsley.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1 hour. Garnish with parsley. Yield: 3 quarts.
Reviews for Cabbage and Beef Soup(13)
Sort By :
Got this recipe in one of the Reiman Pub magazines years ago and have been making it ever since. This is one of my family's favorite autumn and winter meals. I love using my home-canned tomatoes and red beans in it.
Excellent, have made this for years
I love this soup recipe. I like my cabbage really soft, so I saute it with the gr. beef. It also adds additional flavor to cabbage.
Fantastic!! I took all of the suggestions in the previous reviews, (added a chopped onion to the beef, added a few splashes of Worcestershire sauce, used reduced sodium beef broth instead of water, added shredded carrots, and fresh thyme) it made the perfect soup.
OK.. I've made this recipe for years from one of my Taste of Home magazine's. Mine actually calls for some beef broth and diced carrot but basically the rest is the same; love this and as always with tomato based dishes, tastes best the second day!