Cabbage and Beef Soup Recipe
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 medium head cabbage, chopped
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 tomato can water
- 4 teaspoons beef bouillon granules
- Minced fresh parsley
- In a Dutch oven, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in the remaining ingredients except parsley.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1 hour. Garnish with parsley. Yield: 3 quarts.
Reviews for Cabbage and Beef Soup
Sort By :
"Perfect soup recipe: easy, hearty, tasty and very healthy!! I used a bag of shredded cabbage to simplify the prep. In the time it takes to brown the hamburger you can get the rest of the ingredients ready to add to the soup. Next time I make this I think I will add a chopped onion to the hamburger as it is being browned and possibly a little salt or Worcestershire sauce."
"Inexpensive, easy, and everyone loved it. That makes it a winner for me! I followed the recipe as written. Next time I might experiment with other ground meats and additional veggies, but it really is great as is."
"This was awesome! I used ground pork and added carrots and onion."
"My family really enjoyed it. I used spicy ground chicken instead of the beef. That gave it a little kick and was healthier too."
"I have made this recipe several times, but I use ground turkey 90% lean. Awesome meal."