Cabbage and Beef Soup Recipe
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 medium head cabbage, chopped
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 tomato can water
- 4 teaspoons beef bouillon granules
- Minced fresh parsley
- In a Dutch oven, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in the remaining ingredients except parsley.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1 hour. Garnish with parsley. Yield: 3 quarts.
Reviews for Cabbage and Beef Soup
Sort By :
"The flavor is outstanding and the simplicity of the recipe makes it a hands down favorite! Will be a staple of the winter recipes."
"Got this recipe in one of the Reiman Pub magazines years ago and have been making it ever since. This is one of my family's favorite autumn and winter meals. I love using my home-canned tomatoes and red beans in it."
"Excellent, have made this for years"
"I love this soup recipe. I like my cabbage really soft, so I saute it with the gr. beef. It also adds additional flavor to cabbage."
"Fantastic!! I took all of the suggestions in the previous reviews, (added a chopped onion to the beef, added a few splashes of Worcestershire sauce, used reduced sodium beef broth instead of water, added shredded carrots, and fresh thyme) it made the perfect soup."