Cabbage and Beef Soup Recipe
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 medium head cabbage, chopped
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 tomato can water
- 4 teaspoons beef bouillon granules
- Minced fresh parsley
- In a Dutch oven, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in the remaining ingredients except parsley.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1 hour. Garnish with parsley. Yield: 3 quarts.
Reviews for Cabbage and Beef Soup
Sort By :
"My family really enjoyed it. I used spicy ground chicken instead of the beef. That gave it a little kick and was healthier too."
"I have made this recipe several times, but I use ground turkey 90% lean. Awesome meal."
"Made this for the first time Wednesday. Hubby said is his new favorite!!"
"First ToH recipe that has proved disappointing. Very bland."
"I have made this soup for years. Got corn? Throw it in. Got zucchini? Throw it in. Whatever you have, throw it in."