- 3 cups chopped cabbage
- 1 cup tomato juice
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon chopped dill pickle
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 pound ground beef
- Place cabbage in a large saucepan; add tomato juice. Cover and simmer over low heat. Meanwhile, combine the egg, onion, chili powder, vinegar, pickle, salt and pepper. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into 2-in. balls. Add to cabbage mixture.
- Cover and cook over low heat for 15-20 minutes or until meat is no longer pink, stirring occasionally. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews for Cabbage & Meatballs
Sort By :
"Very good! I used vegetable juice instead of regular tomato juice to give it a little more kick! I will definitely be adding this to our menu."
"I added more sauce to the cabbage mixture after adding the meatballs, this will become a favorite, go to recipe for my husband and I!"