Buttons and Bows Recipe
- 2 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 2 tablespoons plus 1/4 cup sugar, divided
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup 2% milk
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- In a large bowl, combine the biscuit mix, 2 tablespoons sugar, nutmeg and cinnamon. Combine egg and milk; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Turn onto a heavily floured surface; knead 5-6 times. Roll out to 1/4-in. thickness. Cut with a floured 2-1/2-in. doughnut cutter; set centers aside for buttons.
- For bows, twist each circle to form a figure eight; place on a greased baking sheet. Bake at 400° for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Place buttons on another greased baking sheet. Bake for 6-7 minutes. Brush tops with butter; sprinkle with remaining sugar. Remove from pans to wire racks. Serve warm. Yield: 1 dozen buttons and bows.
Reviews for Buttons and Bows(2)
Sort By :
These were delicious and my 6 year old grandaughter helped me make them on her birthday morning!. I only had white whole wheat flour and so, made my own biscuit mix with it using butter, baking powder, salt and a bit of sugar. She had fun brushing the warm donuts with the melted butter and rolling them in sugar. These have a texture like light scones, the flavor was very nice with freshly ground nutmeg!
These are delicious. Very much like a fluffy scone.