Buttery Yeast Spritz
Yeast may be an unusual ingredient for cookies, but the buttery flavor is fabulous. These were my mother's favorite cookies...now I make them for my children and grandchildren.
78 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 10 min./batch
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 2 tablespoons warm water (110° to 115°)
- 2 cups butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- 4 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- In a small bowl, dissolve yeast in water; set aside. In a small bowl,
- cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg yolks and
- yeast mixture. Gradually add flour and mix well.
- Using a cookie press fitted with disk of your choice, press dough
- into desired shapes 1 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake
- at 400° for 7-9 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire
- racks to cool. Yield: 13 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 76 calories, 5 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 18 mg cholesterol, 48 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.