Buttery Walnut Cutouts Recipe
Chopped walnuts add flavor and crunch to a typical butter cookie plus give them a pretty golden color.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 3 to 4 tablespoons 2% milk
- Food coloring, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in walnuts. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or until easy to handle.
- 2. On a floured surface, roll out to 1/8-in. thickness. Cut with floured 2-in. cookie cutters. Place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 6-8 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- 3. In a small bowl, combine confectioners' sugar and milk; stir until smooth. If desired, tint with food coloring. Spread and pipe glaze over cookies; place on waxed paper. Let stand until set. Yield: 4 dozen.
Reviews for Buttery Walnut Cutouts
Reviewed Dec. 6, 2009
"this is the third time making these cookies,i can never make enough to give out for gifts, my daughter and friends plus i love them"
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC