Buttery Sweet Potato Biscuits Recipe
These biscuits taste buttery and are simple to make. Cut them into jack-o'-lantern shapes for autumn but different shapes for other seasons. They are especially delicious when eaten warm! —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min. YIELD:13 servings
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1 can (15-3/4 ounces) sweet potatoes, drained and mashed
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and salt. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. In a small bowl, combine sweet potatoes and cream until smooth; add to dry ingredients just until moistened.
- 2. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; knead 8-10 times. Pat or roll to 1/2-in. thickness; cut with a floured 2-in. pumpkin-shaped cookie cutter. Place 2 in. apart on lightly greased baking sheets.
- 3. Bake at 425° for 16-20 minutes or until edges are browned. Remove from pans to wire racks. Serve warm. Yield: 13 biscuits.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC