Buttery Sweet Potato Biscuits Recipe
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1 can (15-3/4 ounces) sweet potatoes, drained and mashed
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and salt. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. In a small bowl, combine sweet potatoes and cream until smooth; add to dry ingredients just until moistened.
- 2. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; knead 8-10 times. Pat or roll to 1/2-in. thickness; cut with a floured 2-in. pumpkin-shaped cookie cutter. Place 2 in. apart on lightly greased baking sheets.
- 3. Bake at 425° for 16-20 minutes or until edges are browned. Remove from pans to wire racks. Serve warm. Yield: 13 biscuits.
1 each: 214 calories, 12g fat (7g saturated fat), 32mg cholesterol, 368mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Buttery Sweet Potato Biscuits
"These are Delish !!! Ths second time around I added 2 Tablespoon Soar Cream to the mix ! Mmmgood !!!"
"I used 8oz fresh butternut squash....had to add an extra 1/2 cup flour, but it was AWESOME"
"how i think bakin is paradise!"
"I love the goodness that this includes!"