These biscuits taste buttery and are simple to make. Cut them into jack-o'-lantern shapes for autumn but different shapes for other seasons. They are especially delicious when eaten warm! —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1 can (15-3/4 ounces) sweet potatoes, drained and mashed
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and salt. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. In a small bowl, combine sweet potatoes and cream until smooth; add to dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Turn onto a lightly floured surface; knead 8-10 times. Pat or roll to 1/2-in. thickness; cut with a floured 2-in. pumpkin-shaped cookie cutter. Place 2 in. apart on lightly greased baking sheets.
- Bake at 425° for 16-20 minutes or until edges are browned. Remove from pans to wire racks. Serve warm. Yield: 13 biscuits.
Originally published as Jack-o'-Lantern Biscuits in Halloween Party Favorites 2008, p43
Reviews for Buttery Sweet Potato Biscuits
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review