- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1 can (15-3/4 ounces) sweet potatoes, drained and mashed
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and salt. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. In a small bowl, combine sweet potatoes and cream until smooth; add to dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Turn onto a lightly floured surface; knead 8-10 times. Pat or roll to 1/2-in. thickness; cut with a floured 2-in. pumpkin-shaped cookie cutter. Place 2 in. apart on lightly greased baking sheets.
- Bake at 425° for 16-20 minutes or until edges are browned. Remove from pans to wire racks. Serve warm. Yield: 13 biscuits.
Reviews for Buttery Sweet Potato Biscuits
"These are Delish !!! Ths second time around I added 2 Tablespoon Soar Cream to the mix ! Mmmgood !!!"
"I've made these biscuits twice. DELICIOUS! I recommend using a larger biscuit cutter (about 3"). I am planning on making these for my Thanksgiving dinner. Nothing can top the wholesome ingredients of these biscuits and I am so happy to be rediscovering "homemade"!"
"I used 8oz fresh butternut squash....had to add an extra 1/2 cup flour, but it was AWESOME"
"how i think bakin is paradise!"
"I love the goodness that this includes!"