Buttery Sugar Cookies Recipe
It's a good thing this recipe makes a big batch because no one can stop eating just one! These crisp buttery cookies truly do melt in your mouth.
- 2 cups butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 5 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 6-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Additional sugar
- Walnut halves or raisins, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in milk and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or until easy to handle.
- 2. On a lightly floured surface, roll out to 1/4-in. thickness. Cut with floured 2-1/2-in. cookie cutters. Place 1 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Sprinkle with sugar; place a walnut or raisin in the center of each if desired.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: about 11-1/2 dozen.
1 serving (2 each) equals 116 calories, 6 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 24 mg cholesterol, 115 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein.
Reviews for Buttery Sugar Cookies
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC