- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 to 3 tablespoons water
- Colored sugar and sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a large bowl, cream butter, confectioners' sugar and salt until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and extracts. Gradually beat flour into creamed mixture.
- Using a cookie press fitted with a disk of your choice, press dough 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake 6-8 minutes or until set (do not brown). Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- In a small bowl, mix confectioners' sugar and enough water to reach desired consistency. Dip cookies in glaze; decorate as desired. Let stand until set. Yield: about 7-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Buttery Spritz Cookies
"Be sure and CHILL your cookie sheets -- it makes all the difference!"
"This recipe was not at ALL easy to work with! Granted it was easy to mix... But after the first three cookies came out of my spritz canister the rest I had to hand roll and hand press! The taste of the dough was not to bad... Will go back to my old recipe!"
"Perfect and delicious!"
"My family loved the choc on them & they went 1st. I have a sour cream & also orange spritz recipes & will use the choc dipped sides as that will make them even tastier."
"I love, love, love, this recipe! I used dark chocolate chips to melt and dip them in and it was delicious!"
"Totally disappointing flavor. Back to my old recipe. They were easy to press out but boring."
"Tried these today. I've never made spritz cookies before and followed directions exactly. These turned out wonderful and went through the spritzer perfectly. For.Those who are complaining about the dough being too dry to go through the spritzer, I will bet you are using a liquid measuring cup to measure your flour. That does make a difference. Try using the correct measuring utensils and I believe you will find out that this is an excellent recipe. Thanks for this recipe !!"
"Easy to make but the dough also broke my manual cookie press. Cookies are absolutely delicious & melt in your mouth!"
"I put the dough in a cookie press and broke it trying to get the dough to press through."
"I made these today.. followed the recipe exactly turned out great.. dough was very easy to work with.. didnt freeze cookie sheets or press..."