Buttery Spritz Cookies Recipe
These tender little cookies are very eye-catching on my Christmas cookie tray. The dough is easy to work with, so it's fun to make these into a variety of festive shapes. —Beverly Launius, Sandwich, Illinois
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. Bake: 10 min./batch YIELD:45 servings
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Colored sugar and sprinkles, optional
- Melted chocolate candy coating, optional
- 1. Preheat oven to 375°. In a large bowl, cream butter and confectioners' sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and extracts. Combine flour and salt. Gradually add to creamed mixture; mix well.
- 2. Using a cookie press fitted with the disk of your choice, press dough 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. If desired, decorate with colored sugar and sprinkles.
- 3. Bake 6-8 minutes or until set (do not brown). Remove to wire racks to cool completely. If desired, dip baked cookies in melted candy coating and decorate with sprinkles. Let stand until set. Yield: 7-1/2 dozen.
1 serving (2 each) equals 76 calories, 4 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 16 mg cholesterol, 69 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC