Buttery Spritz Cookies
These tender little cookies are very eye-catching on my Christmas cookie tray. The dough is easy to work with, so it's fun to make these into a variety of festive shapes. Beverly Launius, Sandwich, Illinois
45 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 10 min./batch
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Food coloring, optional
- Colored sugar and decorating candies, optional
- In a large bowl, cream butter and confectioners' sugar until light
- and fluffy. Beat in egg and extracts. Combine flour and salt.
- Gradually add to creamed mixture; mix well. Tint with food coloring
- if desired.
- Using a cookie press fitted with the disk of your choice, press dough
- 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Decorate as desired.
- Bake at 375° for 6-8 minutes or until set (do not brown). Remove
- to wire racks to cool. Yield: 7-1/2 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 76 calories, 4 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 16 mg cholesterol, 69 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.