Buttery Spritz Cookies Recipe
These tender little cookies are very eye-catching on my Christmas cookie tray. The dough is easy to work with, so it's fun to make these into a variety of festive shapes. —Beverly Launius, Sandwich, Illinois
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- Colored sugar and sprinkles, optional
- Melted chocolate candy coating, optional
- 1. Preheat oven to 375°. In a large bowl, cream butter, confectioners' sugar and salt until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and extracts. Gradually beat flour into creamed mixture.
- 2. Using a cookie press fitted with a disk of your choice, press dough 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. If desired, decorate unbaked cookies with colored sugar and sprinkles.
- 3. Bake 6-8 minutes or until set (do not brown). Remove to wire racks to cool completely. If desired, dip baked cookies in melted candy coating and decorate with sprinkles. Let stand until set. Yield: about 7-1/2 dozen.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC