Buttery Spritz Cookies
These tender little cookies are very eye-catching on my Christmas cookie tray. The dough is easy to work with, so it's fun to make these into a variety of festive shapes. Beverly Launius, Sandwich, Illinois
45 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 10 min./batch
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Colored sugar and sprinkles, optional
- Melted chocolate candy coating, optional
- In a large bowl, cream butter and confectioners' sugar until light
- and fluffy. Beat in egg and extracts. Combine flour and salt.
- Gradually add to creamed mixture; mix well.
- Using a cookie press fitted with the disk of your choice, press dough
- 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. If desired, decorate with
- colored sugar and sprinkles.
- Bake at 375° for 6-8 minutes or until set (do not brown). Remove
- to wire racks to cool completely. If desired, dip baked cookies in
- melted candy coating and decorate with sprinkles. Let stand until
- set. Yield: 7-1/2 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 76 calories, 4 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 16 mg cholesterol, 69 mg sodium,