- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- Colored sugar and sprinkles, optional
- Melted chocolate candy coating, optional
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a large bowl, cream butter, confectioners' sugar and salt until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and extracts. Gradually beat flour into creamed mixture.
- Using a cookie press fitted with a disk of your choice, press dough 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. If desired, decorate unbaked cookies with colored sugar and sprinkles.
- Bake 6-8 minutes or until set (do not brown). Remove to wire racks to cool completely. If desired, dip baked cookies in melted candy coating and decorate with sprinkles. Let stand until set. Yield: about 7-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Buttery Spritz Cookies
Sort By :
"Perfect and delicious!"
"My family loved the choc on them & they went 1st. I have a sour cream & also orange spritz recipes & will use the choc dipped sides as that will make them even tastier."
"I love, love, love, this recipe! I used dark chocolate chips to melt and dip them in and it was delicious!"
"Totally disappointing flavor. Back to my old recipe. They were easy to press out but boring."
"Tried these today. I've never made spritz cookies before and followed directions exactly. These turned out wonderful and went through the spritzer perfectly. For.Those who are complaining about the dough being too dry to go through the spritzer, I will bet you are using a liquid measuring cup to measure your flour. That does make a difference. Try using the correct measuring utensils and I believe you will find out that this is an excellent recipe. Thanks for this recipe !!"