Buttery Rhubarb Baklava Recipe
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 20 sheets phyllo dough (14 inches x 9 inches)
- 3 cups finely Diamond of California Chopped Walnuts
- 1-1/2 cups finely chopped fresh or frozen rhubarb
- 1 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1-1/2 cups honey
- Brush a 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan with some of the butter. Unroll phyllo dough; trim to fit into pan. In a large bowl, combine the walnuts, rhubarb, sugar and cinnamon.
- Layer five sheets of phyllo dough in prepared pan, brushing each with butter. (Keep remaining phyllo covered with plastic wrap and a damp towel to prevent it from drying out.) Sprinkle with a third of the nut mixture. Repeat layers twice. Top with remaining phyllo dough, brushing each sheet with butter.
- Using a sharp knife, cut baklava into 1-1/2-in. diamond shapes. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until golden brown. In a small saucepan, heat honey over low heat until thinned. Pour over warm baklava. Cool completely on a wire rack. Cover and let stand for several hours or overnight. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Buttery Rhubarb Baklava(2)
Sort By :
I am with chef_rachie. This is so fantastic!!! Don't change a thing, just make it according to directions. I do have a few little ideas though...what about peaches, apples, etc. I will have to try it some time but this recipe is really hard to beat!!!
I would make it over and over and over again. This is fantastic coming right out of the oven. Gooey and fantastic
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Easter Desserts >
- Easter Recipes >
- Greek Desserts >
- Greek Recipes >
- Low Sodium Desserts >
- Low Sodium Recipes >
- Make Ahead Desserts >
- Make-Ahead Recipes >
- Nut Recipes >
- Potluck Desserts >