- 2 cups butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups crushed potato chips
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in vanilla. Gradually add flour to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in potato chips and walnuts.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool 2 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: 4-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Buttery Potato Chip Cookies
"I received this recipe from a client back in 1974. The only change is I sprinkle them with powdered sugar after they have cooled a little. They are truly wonderful."
"These are delicious! ! Roasted the nuts first as some suggested. Even cut back sugar a tad. Just cause I don't like things sugary sweet. A really easy recipe. I am always looking for different type shortbread or sugar cookie recipes, these are #1 on my list now."
"Thought these were quite good. I would make sure to use the thicker cut potato chips (with ridges) which helps gives the cookies more texture."
"These are AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!! For the review saying these were bland, ARE YOU KIDDING ME, do you have tastes buds? Easy to make, and AMAZING FLAVOR!!!!!!!! Ang knows best!!!!!!"
"These are my Grandma's FAVORITE cookie so i make them for her every year around Christmas! you want to sprinkle these with a little powdered sugar when they cool off a bit, makes them amazing"