- 2 cups butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups crushed potato chips
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in vanilla. Gradually add flour to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in potato chips and walnuts.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool 2 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: 4-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Buttery Potato Chip Cookies
"Was not impressed with the cookies. Will not make again.There is another recipe for potato chip cookies made with white chocolate that are really good .That i found a while back on taste of home.But have not been able to find it again"
"I received this recipe from a client back in 1974. The only change is I sprinkle them with powdered sugar after they have cooled a little. They are truly wonderful."
"Thought these were quite good. I would make sure to use the thicker cut potato chips (with ridges) which helps gives the cookies more texture."
"These are AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!! For the review saying these were bland, ARE YOU KIDDING ME, do you have tastes buds? easy to make, and AMAZING FLAVOR!!!!!!!! Ang knows best!!!!!!"
"These did spread a bit, I added 1/2 cup chocolate chipss and used almond extract instead of vanilla.. They were great"
"It is difficult to know when these are done baking- in that they do not change shape or color during the process. They stayed pale, listless spheres of disappointment, and I finally removed them from the oven out of sheer pity. I think these cookies want to be a "shortbread"- but they aren't good at it. They have the taste and consistency of radiator dust, and no ambition at all. I tried adding butterscotch chips out of desperation, but it was too late. There is nothing inherently "wrong" with them, in the way that there is nothing wrong with toilet paper, but I don't put that on a plate."
"I made these for an Ice Cream Social . Everyone loved them (no one could guess the secret ingredient) I also made 1/2 of the recipe, next time I'll make it complete. Fantastic!!!"
"these are buttery, potato chips give the recipe salt. other than the saltiness, .a little on the bland side, but goes well with other things"