- 2 cups butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups crushed potato chips
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in vanilla. Gradually add flour to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in potato chips and walnuts.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool for 2 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: 4-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Buttery Potato Chip Cookies
Sort By :
I made these for an Ice Cream Social . Everyone loved them (no one could guess the secret ingredient) I also made 1/2 of the recipe, next time I'll make it complete. Fantastic!!!
these are buttery, potato chips give the recipe salt. other than the saltiness, .a little on the bland side, but goes well with other things
They remind me of the butterballs I make for winter .. similar recipe only rolled and dipped in powdered sugar after they cook. I didn't taste the chips at all. I'm curious why they were added. Yummy recipe though. :)
I made these cookies but halved the recipe because I wasn't sure if I would like them. They are fantastic! Next time I will make the whole recipe, This will definitely be one of my go to recipes. Maybe I might put some mini chocolate chips in next time, too.
gr8 cookies..I lightly toasted the nuts in golden browned butter first, removed the nuts & let the butter cool completely until it is like the recipe stated "softened"..then I proceeded with the rest of the recipe..the browned butter adds a nutty like flavor to the cookies..as a matter of fact, I do this with all my baking recipes; something I learned from my MOM