Buttery Poppy-Seed Bread Recipe
This cake-like bread from Carol Bradley of Sun City West, Arizona is quick, easy and very moist. "If you can find butter brickle or butter pecan cake mix, use it in place of the regular cake mix and eliminate the nuts," she suggests.
- 1 package butter recipe golden cake mix (regular size)
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon coconut extract
- 1/2 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Beat on medium speed for 2 minutes. Stir in coconut and pecans. Pour into two greased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pans.
- 2. Bake at 350° for 35-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely. Yield: 2 loaves.
1 serving (1 slice) equals 98 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 24 mg cholesterol, 125 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.
Reviews for Buttery Poppy-Seed Bread
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC