Buttery Poppy-Seed Bread Recipe
- 1 package butter recipe golden cake mix (regular size)
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 teaspoon coconut extract
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 1/4 cup finely chopped pecans
- In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Beat on medium speed for 2 minutes. Stir in coconut and pecans. Pour into two greased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pans.
- Bake at 350° for 35-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely. Yield: 2 loaves.
Originally published as Buttery Poppy-Seed Bread in Quick Cooking March/April 2004, p44
Reviews for Buttery Poppy-Seed Bread
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review