Buttery Peas and Zucchini
Cooking is my second lovemy husband is my first. This tasty side dish doesn't leave us with leftovers. We both enjoy it.Dorothy Pritchett, Wills Point, Texas
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen peas in butter sauce
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 medium zucchini, cut into thin strips
- 1 tablespoon diced pimientos
- Cook peas according to package directions. Pour into a serving bowl;
- cover with plastic wrap and set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a skillet, simmer water and zucchini over medium heat
- until water is evaporated and zucchini is tender. Stir in peas and
- pimientos. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 124 calories, 1 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 163 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 8 g fiber, 9 g protein.