Buttery Onion Pretzels
"If you love the taste of onion, you'll love these zesty pretzels," writes Betty Claycomb of Alverton, Pennsylvania. "They're so crunchy and yummy they disappear fast!"
12 ServingsPrep: 5 min. Bake: 1/1/2 hours
- 1-1/4 cups butter, cubed
- 1 envelope (1 ounce) onion soup mix
- 1 package (16 ounces) chunky pretzels, broken into pieces
- In a large skillet, melt butter. Stir in soup mix. Heat and stir
- until well mixed. Add pretzels; toss to coat.
- Spread pretzel mixture in a baking pan. Bake at 250° for 1-1/2
- hours, stirring every 15 minutes. Cool. Store in an airtight
- container. Yield: 6 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1/2 cup) equals 318 calories, 20 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 51 mg cholesterol, 1,047 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.