Buttery Nut Cookies
Make these wonderful cookies for the holidays as gifts for friends. They will be asking for the recipe.—American Dairy Assoc, Stacy Duffy, Chicago, Illinois
24 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling Bake: 15 min./batch
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup ground pecans
- Confectioners' sugar, optional
- 2 ounces semisweet chocolate, melted, optional
- In a bowl, cream butter, sugar, egg yolk, vanilla and salt until
- light and fluffy. Combine flour and pecans; gradually add to creamed
- mixture. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or up to 2 days.
- Shape into 1-in. balls. Place 1-1/2-in. apart on ungreased baking
- sheets. Bake at 350° for 12-15 minutes or until firm.
- If desired, immediately roll warm cookies in confectioners' sugar; or
- cool cookies and drizzle with melted chocolate. Yield: 4 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 150 calories, 10 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 29 mg cholesterol, 102 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.