Make these wonderful cookies for the holidays as gifts for friends. They will be asking for the recipe.—American Dairy Assoc, Stacy Duffy, Chicago, Illinois
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup ground pecans
- Confectioners' sugar, optional
- 2 ounces semisweet chocolate, melted, optional
- In a bowl, cream butter, sugar, egg yolk, vanilla and salt until light and fluffy. Combine flour and pecans; gradually add to creamed mixture. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or up to 2 days.
- Shape into 1-in. balls. Place 1-1/2-in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 12-15 minutes or until firm.
- If desired, immediately roll warm cookies in confectioners' sugar; or cool cookies and drizzle with melted chocolate. Yield: 4 dozen.
Originally published as Buttery Nut Cookies in Country Woman November/December 1997, p41
Reviews for Buttery Nut Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review