- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup ground pecans
- Confectioners' sugar, optional
- 2 ounces semisweet chocolate, melted, optional
- In a bowl, cream butter, sugar, egg yolk, vanilla and salt until light and fluffy. Combine flour and pecans; gradually add to creamed mixture. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or up to 2 days.
- Shape into 1-in. balls. Place 1-1/2-in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 12-15 minutes or until firm.
- If desired, immediately roll warm cookies in confectioners' sugar; or cool cookies and drizzle with melted chocolate. Yield: 4 dozen.
Reviews for Buttery Nut Cookies
"I have made a similar recipe for years, they are very good, melt in your mouth. I have also made them, omitting nuts and using finely diced maraschino cherries."
"I have been cooking and baking for over 50 years. Do NOT make these cookies! They are horrible and have NO flavor. I took them to a cookie party and everyone was very disappointed. I followed the recipe exactly as it was written and they were awful."
"Kheaps - yes these do Freeze - would recommend after thawing to roll in confectioners sugar again to make them look great. These are also known as Russion Tea Cakes. A favorite of mine for a LONG time."
"Does anyone know if these freeze well??"
"Great tasting cookies!"
"Can't wait to try."
"Yummy n easy to make!"
"Wonderful little cookie, Great big taste, easy to make."