Buttery Mint Carrots
I reworked an old recipe to blend mint (traditionally a complement to lamb) with buttery-sweet carrots. This quick way of dressing up carrots makes a colorful accompaniment for other meats as well.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 medium carrots, julienned
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 to 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh mint or 1/2 teaspoon dried mint
- In a saucepan, bring water and salt to a boil. Add carrots; cook
- until crisp-tender, about 8 minutes. Drain and set aside. In the
- same saucepan, melt butter. Stir in the sugar and mint until
- blended. Return carrots to pan; cook and stir for 2-3 minutes or
- until carrots are tender and evenly coated. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1/2 cup) equals 97 calories, 6 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 237 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 1 g protein.