Buttery Lace Cookies Recipe
- 2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, combine oats, sugar, flour and baking powder. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in extracts. Stir in butter and pecans.
- 2. Drop by teaspoonfuls 3 in. apart onto lightly greased foil-lined baking sheets. Bake 10-12 minutes or until lacy and golden brown. Cool completely on pans before carefully removing to wire racks. Yield: about 9 dozen.
1 serving (2 each) equals 90 calories, 5 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 17 mg cholesterol, 40 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.
Reviews for Buttery Lace Cookies
"yummy....best lace cookie recipe I've made so far."
"This recipe caught my eye because it is quick and easy to assemble and makes a large quantity. I did have to tinker with it a bit, however. To me, the first batch came out too sweet and too oily. I also felt the almond flavoring overpowered the taste. (That's just my taste. You might like it just fine the way it is.) I started over using 1 cup of sugar, 1 1/2 sticks of butter and substituting an additional 1/2 tsp of lemon flavoring for the almond. I also baked them on parchment paper-lined baking sheets so there was no need to oil the surface. The second batch came out really well - light, crispy, lemony and not too sweet. I would definitely make this recipe again."