Buttery Lace Cookies Recipe
I worked with a group of engineers for over 30 years, and these cookies were a favorite of theirs. They go so well with a steaming cup of coffee or tea.
- 2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, combine oats, sugar, flour and baking powder. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in extracts. Stir in butter and pecans.
- 2. Drop by teaspoonfuls 3 in. apart onto lightly greased foil-lined baking sheets. Bake 10-12 minutes or until lacy and golden brown. Cool completely on pans before carefully removing to wire racks. Yield: about 9 dozen.
1 serving (2 each) equals 90 calories, 5 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 17 mg cholesterol, 40 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.
Reviews for Buttery Lace Cookies
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC