Buttery Lace Cookies Recipe
- 2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, combine oats, sugar, flour and baking powder. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in extracts. Stir in butter and pecans.
- 2. Drop by teaspoonfuls 3 in. apart onto lightly greased foil-lined baking sheets. Bake 10-12 minutes or until lacy and golden brown. Cool completely on pans before carefully removing to wire racks. Yield: about 9 dozen.
2 each: 90 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 17mg cholesterol, 40mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein
Reviews for Buttery Lace Cookies
"yummy....best lace cookie recipe I've made so far."
"This recipe caught my eye because it is quick and easy to assemble and makes a large quantity. I did have to tinker with it a bit, however. To me, the first batch came out too sweet and too oily. I also felt the almond flavoring overpowered the taste. (That's just my taste. You might like it just fine the way it is.) I started over using 1 cup of sugar, 1 1/2 sticks of butter and substituting an additional 1/2 tsp of lemon flavoring for the almond. I also baked them on parchment paper-lined baking sheets so there was no need to oil the surface. The second batch came out really well - light, crispy, lemony and not too sweet. I would definitely make this recipe again."