Buttery Lace Cookies
I worked with a group of engineers for over 30 years, and these cookies were a favorite of theirs. They go so well with a steaming cup of coffee or tea.
54 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 10 min./batch + cooling
- 2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Lemon Extract
- 1/4 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Almond Extract
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, combine oats, sugar, flour
- and baking powder. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each
- addition. Beat in extracts. Stir in butter and pecans.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls 3 in. apart onto lightly greased foil-lined
- baking sheets. Bake 10-12 minutes or until lacy and golden brown.
- Cool completely on pans before carefully removing to wire racks.
- Yield: about 9 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 90 calories, 5 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 17 mg cholesterol, 40 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.