I worked with a group of engineers for over 30 years, and these cookies were a favorite of theirs. They go so well with a steaming cup of coffee or tea.
- 2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, combine oats, sugar, flour and baking powder. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in extracts. Stir in butter and pecans.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls 3 in. apart onto lightly greased foil-lined baking sheets. Bake 10-12 minutes or until lacy and golden brown. Cool completely on pans before carefully removing to wire racks. Yield: about 9 dozen.
Originally published as Buttery Lace Cookies in Best of Country Cookies 1999, p29
Reviews for Buttery Lace Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review