- 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease the
- top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1-1/2
- Punch dough down. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; divide in
- half. Roll each portion to 1/16-in. thickness; cut out ten 5-in.
- circles from each. Combine the butter, garlic, basil, onion, caraway
- seeds, oregano and cayenne; spread over dough. Fold circles in half;
- set half aside.
- For each loaf, start with one folded circle on a greased baking sheet
- with folded edge toward the right. Working from right to left, add
- another piece with folded edge on right side, overlapping
- three-fourths of the previous piece. Repeat.
- Form a second rectangular loaf from the reserved folded circles.
- Brush with butter; sprinkle with sesame seeds. Cover and let rise in
- a warm place until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from
- pans to wire racks. Serve warm. Yield: 2 loaves (16 slices each).
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 198 calories, 9 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 35 mg cholesterol, 413 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.