Buttery Grilled Onions Recipe
- 6 medium onions, peeled
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 6 teaspoons beef bouillon granules
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 6 teaspoons sherry, optional
- Shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1. Carefully remove a 1-in. x 1-in. core from the center of each onion (save removed onion for another use). Place each onion on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 12 in. square).
- 2. Combine the butter, bouillon, garlic powder and pepper; spoon into onions. Sprinkle with sherry if desired. Fold foil around onions and seal tightly.
- 3. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 30-40 minutes or until tender. Carefully unwrap foil to allow steam to escape. Sprinkle onions with Parmesan cheese. Yield: 6 servings.
1 each: 0 calories, 0g fat (0g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 0mg sodium, 0g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 0g fiber), 0g protein
Reviews for Buttery Grilled Onions
"I only use sweet or Vidalia onions, this recipe was great with them."
"This was so good. I added a peice of bacon around each onion and secured it with a tooth pic."
"I did this only change was I used vidaillia onions it was very good.Sweet as a apple."