Buttery Grilled Onions Recipe
- 6 medium onions, peeled
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 6 teaspoons beef bouillon granules
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 6 teaspoons sherry, optional
- Shredded Parmesan cheese
- Carefully remove a 1-in. x 1-in. core from the center of each onion (save removed onion for another use). Place each onion on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 12 in. square).
- Combine the butter, bouillon, garlic powder and pepper; spoon into onions. Sprinkle with sherry if desired. Fold foil around onions and seal tightly.
- Grill, covered, over medium heat for 30-40 minutes or until tender. Carefully unwrap foil to allow steam to escape. Sprinkle onions with Parmesan cheese. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Buttery Grilled Onions in Country Extra July 2006, p49
Reviews for Buttery Grilled Onions
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed May. 18, 2014
I only use sweet or Vidalia onions, this recipe was great with them.
Reviewed May. 19, 2012
This was so good. I added a peice of bacon around each onion and secured it with a tooth pic.
Reviewed Jul. 12, 2010
I did this only change was I used vidaillia onions it was very good.Sweet as a apple.