Buttery Garlic Cheese Bread Recipe
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons minced chives
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 loaf (1 pound) French bread, halved lengthwise
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients; spread over cut sides of bread. Sprinkle with mozzarella and cheddar cheeses.
- 2. Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 2-3 minutes or until lightly browned. Cut into slices. Yield: 8 servings.
2 slice: 466 calories, 31g fat (19g saturated fat), 84mg cholesterol, 855mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 14g protein.
Reviews for Buttery Garlic Cheese Bread
"This is an amazing cheesy bread! The best I've had in a long time. It is super fattening, so I just did small portions. Yum!"