- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons minced chives
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 loaf (1 pound) French bread, halved lengthwise
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients; spread over cut sides of bread. Sprinkle with mozzarella and cheddar cheeses.
- Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 2-3 minutes or until lightly browned. Cut into slices. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Garlic Cheese Bread in Simple & Delicious September/October 2006, p22
Reviews for Buttery Garlic Cheese Bread
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jan. 4, 2015
"This is an amazing cheesy bread! The best I've had in a long time. It is super fattening, so I just did small portions. Yum!"