Buttery Croissants Recipe
A traditional dinner roll like this is always welcome at holiday dinners. The recipe makes a big batch, so it's great when you're entertaining.
- 1-1/2 cups butter, softened
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 1/4 cup warm water (110° to 115°)
- 1 cup warm 2% milk (110° to 115°)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3-1/2 to 3-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1. In a small bowl, beat butter and flour until combined; spread into a 12-in. x 6-in. rectangle on a piece of waxed paper. Cover with another piece of waxed paper; refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- 2. In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Add the milk, sugar, egg, salt and 2 cups flour; beat until smooth. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough. Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes.
- 3. Roll dough into a 14-in. square. Remove top sheet of waxed paper from butter; invert onto half of dough. Remove waxed paper. Fold dough over butter; seal edges.
- 4. Roll into a 20-in. x 12-in. rectangle. Fold into thirds. Repeat rolling and folding twice. (If butter softens, chill after folding.) Wrap in plastic wrap; refrigerate overnight.
- 5. Unwrap dough. On a lightly floured surface, roll into a 25-in. x 20-in. rectangle. Cut into 5-in. squares. Cut each square diagonally in half, forming two triangles.
- 6. Roll up triangles from the wide end; place 2 in. apart with point down on ungreased baking sheets. Curve ends down to form crescent shape. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 45 minutes.
- 7. Bake at 375° for 12-14 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks. Serve warm. Yield: about 3 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 115 calories, 7 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 25 mg cholesterol, 133 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein.
Reviews for Buttery Croissants
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC