Buttery Croissants Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups butter, softened
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 1/4 cup warm water (110° to 115°)
- 1 cup warm 2% milk (110° to 115°)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3-1/2 to 3-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1. In a small bowl, beat butter and flour until combined; spread into a 12-in. x 6-in. rectangle on a piece of waxed paper. Cover with another piece of waxed paper; refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- 2. In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Add the milk, sugar, egg, salt and 2 cups flour; beat until smooth. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough. Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes.
- 3. Roll dough into a 14-in. square. Remove top sheet of waxed paper from butter; invert onto half of dough. Remove waxed paper. Fold dough over butter; seal edges.
- 4. Roll into a 20-in. x 12-in. rectangle. Fold into thirds. Repeat rolling and folding twice. (If butter softens, chill after folding.) Wrap in plastic wrap; refrigerate overnight.
- 5. Unwrap dough. On a lightly floured surface, roll into a 25-in. x 20-in. rectangle. Cut into 5-in. squares. Cut each square diagonally in half, forming two triangles.
- 6. Roll up triangles from the wide end; place 2 in. apart with point down on ungreased baking sheets. Curve ends down to form crescent shape. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 45 minutes.
- 7. Bake at 375° for 12-14 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks. Serve warm. Yield: about 3 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 115 calories, 7 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 25 mg cholesterol, 133 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein.
Reviews for Buttery Croissants
"These took time to put together but it was well worth it!"
"Great recipe!! We inhaled these!!!"
"Very yummy and not terribly hard to make. We rolled up milk chocolate chips in some of them before baking and the results were delicious!"
"omnomnom omygosh so nommy"
"my sister in law makes these the last two holiday's and we fight for any leftovers to take home!!!"