Buttery Crescents Recipe
I learned this recipe 28 years ago, when I was a new bride and my grandmother taught me how to make these rolls. They're crusty outside and tender inside. -Lynne Peterson, Salt Lake City, Utah
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 25 min. + rising Bake: 15 min. YIELD:36 servings
- 2 packages (1/4 ounce each) active dry yeast
- 2 cups warm milk (110° to 115°)
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup butter, melted and cooled
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 6-1/2 to 7 cups all-purpose flour
- Additional melted butter, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in milk. Add eggs, butter, sugar salt and 4 cups flour; beat until smooth. Add enough remaining flour to form a soft dough.Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour. Punch the dough down and divide in thirds. Roll each portion into a 12-in. circle; cut each circle into 12 wedges. Roll up wedges from the wide end and place with pointed end down on greased baking sheets. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 30 minutes. Bake at 400° for 12-14 minutes or until golden brown. Brush with butter if desired. Yield: 3 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 110 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 17 mg cholesterol, 89 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC