- 1 tablespoon active dry yeast
- 1 teaspoon plus 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup warm water (110° to 115°)
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup warm 2% milk (110° to 115°)
- 1 egg
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- In a large bowl, dissolve yeast and 1 teaspoon sugar in warm water. Add butter, milk, egg, salt, remaining sugar and 2 cups flour. Beat until smooth. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough.
- Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease the top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Punch dough down. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; divide in half. Roll each portion into a 12-in. circle; cut each circle into 12 wedges. Roll up wedges from the wide end and place point side down 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Curve ends to form crescents. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Bake 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pans to wire racks. Yield: 2 dozen.
Reviews for Buttery Crescent Rolls
Sort By :
I haven't had to buy a tube of crescent rolls since getting this recipe...this one's a keeper!!
I've made these many times and every time I get the same positive response! They are absolutely delicious!
These are easy. I did have a bit of trouble with them unrolling in the oven so some of them weren't as pretty as I would have liked, but they were tasty.
Wow, so simply. Everyone thinks I worked hard on these. Can't wait to try cinnamon rolls.
I was a little intimidated to try this recipe but I'm so glad I did! The dough was so easy to work with and the rolls turned out beautiful and delicious. Next time I will double the recipe and put some in the freezer- they will be much requested!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Bread Baking >
- Bread Recipes >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Comfort Food Bread Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Vegetarian Recipes >
- Crescent Rolls >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Easter Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Sodium Recipes >
- Potluck Recipes >
- Potluck Vegetarian Recipes >