- 1 tablespoon Red Star® Platinum Superior Baking Yeast™
- 1 teaspoon plus 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup warm water (110° to 115°)
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup warm 2% milk (110° to 115°)
- 1 egg
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- In a large bowl, dissolve yeast and 1 teaspoon sugar in warm water. Add butter, milk, egg, salt, remaining sugar and 2 cups flour. Beat until smooth. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough.
- Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease the top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Punch dough down. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; divide in half. Roll each portion into a 12-in. circle; cut each circle into 12 wedges. Roll up wedges from the wide end and place point side down 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Curve ends to form crescents. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Bake 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pans to wire racks. Yield: 2 dozen.
Reviews for Buttery Crescent Rolls
Sort By :
"These were so easy, and very delicious! Thanks for sharing!"
"I haven't had to buy a tube of crescent rolls since getting this recipe...this one's a keeper!!"
"I've made these many times and every time I get the same positive response! They are absolutely delicious!"
"These are easy. I did have a bit of trouble with them unrolling in the oven so some of them weren't as pretty as I would have liked, but they were tasty."
"Wow, so simply. Everyone thinks I worked hard on these. Can't wait to try cinnamon rolls."