Buttery Cranberry Scones Recipe
Package up the dry ingredients for these yummy scones, add a recipe card and some tea bags, and you have a charming, easy-budget gift sure to make anyone smile!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cubed
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup white baking chips
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in buttermilk just until moistened. Turn onto a floured surface. Add chips and cranberries, kneading about 10 times.
- 2. Pat dough into a greased 9-in. springform pan. Cut into eight wedges, but do not separate.
- 3. Bake at 400° for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 5 minutes. Remove sides of pan; cut into wedges. Serve warm. Yield: 8 servings.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC