- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cubed
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup white baking chips
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in buttermilk just until moistened. Turn onto a floured surface. Add chips and cranberries, kneading about 10 times.
- Pat dough into a greased 9-in. springform pan. Cut into eight wedges, but do not separate.
- Bake at 400° for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 5 minutes. Remove sides of pan; cut into wedges. Serve warm. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Buttery Cranberry Scones
"Very good and easy. I just patted out a round circle and cut into 8 wedges and sprinkled them with sugar. Then baked on a cookie sheet."
"Great recipe! Easy to make and delicious. I tried it without the chocolate chips and loved it!"
"Great recipe! Good served with orange butter (1/2 cup softened butter + 2 TABS. orange marmalade)!"
"Then this one came out in the magazine, it instantly became a holiday standard at our house. I have never had such a moist scone. Everyone loves it. So save time in the morning, I will mix the dry ingredients the night before. I do use our homemade plain yogurt as a substitute for the buttermilk."
"This was an amazing recipe, my kids loved it too and if I hadn't made it for breakfast I would have added a lemon confectioner sugar glaze to top it off. Yummy!"