- 1 unbaked deep-dish pastry shell (9 inches)
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 can (6 ounces) crabmeat, drained, flaked and cartilage removed
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1/2 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup french-fried onions
- Bake unpricked pastry shell at 425° for 5 minutes. Meanwhile, in a bowl, combine the flour, eggs, milk, salt, pepper and nutmeg until smooth. Add the crab, mushrooms and cheeses. Pour into pastry shell.
- Bake at 350° for 35 minutes. Top with onions. Bake 10 minutes longer or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving. Yield: 8 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Buttery Crab Quiche
"I followed the recipe to the letter...it was okay, but very bland."
"Made this quiche sans the french fried onions for weekend guests and it was fabulous! I doubled the recipe and added 4 more ounces of crabmeat (since I had a pound). I had enough filling for three generous 9" crusts. Deeelicious!"