- 1 unbaked deep-dish pastry shell (9 inches)
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 can (6 ounces) crabmeat, drained, flaked and cartilage removed
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1/2 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup french-fried onions
- Bake unpricked pastry shell at 425° for 5 minutes. Meanwhile, in a bowl, combine the flour, eggs, milk, salt, pepper and nutmeg until smooth. Add the crab, mushrooms and cheeses. Pour into pastry shell.
- Bake at 350° for 35 minutes. Top with onions. Bake 10 minutes longer or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving. Yield: 8 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a light white wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Seven Daughters White Blend CA, a crisp flavorful wine with hints of citrus. Buy now and get 6 bottles for $69.99. Order Now
Reviews for Buttery Crab Quiche
Sort By :
I followed the recipe to the letter...it was okay, but very bland.
Made this quiche sans the french fried onions for weekend guests and it was fabulous! I doubled the recipe and added 4 more ounces of crabmeat (since I had a pound). I had enough filling for three generous 9" crusts. Deeelicious!