—Maryellen Hays, Wolcottville, Indiana
- 1 unbaked deep-dish pastry shell (9 inches)
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 can (6 ounces) crabmeat, drained, flaked and cartilage removed
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1/2 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup french-fried onions
- Bake unpricked pastry shell at 425° for 5 minutes. Meanwhile, in a bowl, combine the flour, eggs, milk, salt, pepper and nutmeg until smooth. Add the crab, mushrooms and cheeses. Pour into pastry shell.
- Bake at 350° for 35 minutes. Top with onions. Bake 10 minutes longer or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Crab Quiche in Casserole Cookbook 2001, p107
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Buttery Crab Quiche
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review