Buttery Corn Muffins
I love these corn muffins for their light texture and sweet, buttery taste. They're great served hot from the oven with butter and honey for breakfast, and I've even baked them in mini muffin pans and served them for tea.
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min
- 2/3 cup King Arthur Unbleached Self-Rising Flour
- 1/3 cup yellow cornmeal
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon butter flavoring
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, cornmeal and sugar. In a small
- bowl, combine the egg, milk, oil, vanilla and butter flavoring. Stir
- into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Fill greased muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake at 400° for
- 15-18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes
- out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire
- rack to cool completely. Yield: 6 servings.
Editor’s Note: As a substitute for self-rising flour, place 1 teaspoon baking powder and 1/4 teaspoon salt in a measuring cup. Add all-purpose flour to measure 2/3 cup.
Nutritional Facts: 1 muffin equals 154 calories, 6 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 37 mg cholesterol, 182 mg sodium,