Buttery Corn Muffins Recipe
I love these corn muffins for their light texture and sweet, buttery taste. They're great served hot from the oven with butter and honey for breakfast, and I've even baked them in mini muffin pans and served them for tea.
- 2/3 cup self-rising flour
- 1/3 cup yellow cornmeal
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon butter flavoring
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the flour, cornmeal and sugar. In a small bowl, combine the egg, milk, oil, vanilla and butter flavoring. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- 2. Fill greased muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake at 400° for 15-18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Yield: 6 servings.
1 muffin: 154 calories, 6g fat (1g saturated fat), 37mg cholesterol, 182mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fat.
Reviews for Buttery Corn Muffins
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC