Buttery Corn Bread
I go this recipe from a long-time friend several years ago and it's my most-used. I love to serve this melt-in-your mouth corn bread hot from the oven with butter and syrup. It gets rave reviews on holidays and at potluck dinners.
12-15 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 2/3 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 1-2/3 cups 2% milk
- 2-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 4-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar
- until light and fluffy. Combine eggs and milk. Combine flour,
- cornmeal, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately
- with egg mixture.
- Pour into a greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Bake 22-27 minutes or until
- a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cut into squares;
- serve warm. Yield: 12-15 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 259 calories, 10 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 68 mg cholesterol, 386 mg sodium, 37 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.