Buttery Chicken Spread Recipe
I have fond memories of my grandmother preparing this rich and delicious snack. It's stood the test of time and remains a crowd-pleaser today.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 10 min. + chilling YIELD:28 servings
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 3 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Dash ground cinnamon
- Party bread, toast or crackers
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first nine ingredients. Transfer to a small crock or serving dish. Cover and chill at least 1 hour.
- 2. Let stand at room temperature 20 minutes before serving. Serve with bread, toast or crackers. Yield: 20-25 servings (3-1/2 cups).
1 serving (2 tablespoons) equals 115 calories, 10 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 40 mg cholesterol, 114 mg sodium, trace carbohydrate, trace fiber, 5 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC