Buttery Carrots and Brussels Sprouts Recipe
- 1 pound carrots, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 3/4 pound brussels sprouts, halved
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Minced fresh parsley, optional
- 1. In a large saucepan over medium heat, cook carrots and brussels sprouts in boiling water for 8-10 minutes or until tender; drain.
- 2. In a small saucepan, melt butter. Add ginger; cook for 2 minutes. Add the lemon juice, peel, sugar, salt and pepper; pour over vegetables. Sprinkle with parsley if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
3/4 cup: 96 calories, 6g fat (4g saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 88mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 2g protein
Reviews for Buttery Carrots and Brussels Sprouts
"I make this every year for Thanksgiving! This is hands down the most amazing brussel sprouts dish ever!"
"Made this as a side for Thanksgiving - easy and fast with lots of flavors that blend in unexpected ways"