Buttery Carrots and Brussels Sprouts Recipe
—American Dairy Assoc, Stacy Duffy, Chicago, Illinois
- 1 pound carrots, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 3/4 pound brussels sprouts, halved
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Minced fresh parsley, optional
- 1. In a large saucepan over medium heat, cook carrots and brussels sprouts in boiling water for 8-10 minutes or until tender; drain.
- 2. In a small saucepan, melt butter. Add ginger; cook for 2 minutes. Add the lemon juice, peel, sugar, salt and pepper; pour over vegetables. Sprinkle with parsley if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 96 calories, 6 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 88 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 2 g protein.
Reviews for Buttery Carrots and Brussels Sprouts
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC