- 1 pound carrots, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 3/4 pound brussels sprouts, halved
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Minced fresh parsley, optional
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, cook carrots and brussels sprouts in boiling water for 8-10 minutes or until tender; drain.
- In a small saucepan, melt butter. Add ginger; cook for 2 minutes. Add the lemon juice, peel, sugar, salt and pepper; pour over vegetables. Sprinkle with parsley if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Buttery Carrots and Brussels Sprouts in Country Woman November/December 1997, p40
Reviews for Buttery Carrots and Brussels Sprouts
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Dec. 2, 2012
I make this every year for Thanksgiving! This is hands down the most amazing brussel sprouts dish ever!
Reviewed Dec. 22, 2009
Made this as a side for Thanksgiving - easy and fast with lots of flavors that blend in unexpected ways