—American Dairy Assoc, Stacy Duffy, Chicago, Illinois
- 1 pound carrots, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 3/4 pound brussels sprouts, halved
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Minced fresh parsley, optional
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, cook carrots and brussels sprouts in boiling water for 8-10 minutes or until tender; drain.
- In a small saucepan, melt butter. Add ginger; cook for 2 minutes. Add the lemon juice, peel, sugar, salt and pepper; pour over vegetables. Sprinkle with parsley if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Buttery Carrots and Brussels Sprouts in Country Woman November/December 1997, p40
Reviews for Buttery Carrots and Brussels Sprouts
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 2, 2012
"I make this every year for Thanksgiving! This is hands down the most amazing brussel sprouts dish ever!"
Reviewed Dec. 22, 2009
"Made this as a side for Thanksgiving - easy and fast with lots of flavors that blend in unexpected ways"