Buttery Bubble Bread Recipe
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 1 cup warm water (110° to 115°)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 to 4-1/2 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1. In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Add the sugar, shortening, egg, salt and 1 cup of flour. Beat until smooth. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough.
- 2. Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- 3. Punch dough down. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; shape into 1-1/2-in. balls. Dip the balls in butter and arrange evenly in a greased 9-in. fluted tube pan. Drizzle with remaining butter. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 45 minutes.
- 4. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 5 minutes before inverting onto a serving platter. Serve warm. Yield: 1 loaf (16 slices).
1 slice: 237 calories, 11g fat (4g saturated fat), 25mg cholesterol, 122mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Reviews for Buttery Bubble Bread
"Easy to make and tasty."
"I love this recipe, perfect for Sunday morning !"
"This sounds delicious and would Love to make for Easter.. Can I prep up to the baking point, and refrigerate a couple days without baking, and bring to room temp and bake on the day needed? Hope someone reasds and comments quick Thanks"
"Love this recipe, I've been making it for years! It is easy to halve and bake in a loaf pan. Also I only use 1/2-3/4 of the butter called for in the recipe. Delicious!"
"Nice texture, comes apart easily."
"We've been making this recipe for holidays dinners for years. Sometimes we cut back on the butter just a little bit."
"This is so easy and the kids love it."
"Really good- everyone loved. Just like monkey bread from my childhood."
"My family loves this delicate and delicious yeast bread. Although it takes a little while to make, it worth it every bit when it comes perfectly from the oven."
"I got this recipe from a Taste of Home magazine years ago and it is a family favorite...it's delicious and when my kids are here for the holidays it's a MUST HAVE!!!"