Buttery Brussels Sprouts
Polly Heer of Cabot, Arkansas brings us this special side dish. A hint of wine, while not necessary, boosts the sprouts flavor and gives them that extra little kick.
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/3 cup white wine or additional chicken broth
- 4-1/2 teaspoons butter
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper, divided
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen brussels sprouts
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- In a large saucepan, combine the broth, wine, butter and 1/8 teaspoon
- white pepper; bring to a boil. Add brussels sprouts. Reduce heat;
- cover and simmer for 6-9 minutes or until tender. Drain and transfer
- to a bowl. Sprinkle with salt and remaining pepper. Yield: 6
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 56 calories, 3 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 8 mg cholesterol, 288 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.