My aunt shared this recipe with me many years ago. Family and friends look for these tasty edible bows on my cookie trays each Christmas.—Diana Mangelsen, Frederic, Wisconsin
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- Red and green colored sugar
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt; cut in butter until crumbly. Combine egg and cream; gradually beat into crumb mixture until a ball forms. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes or until easy to handle.
- Divide dough into three portions. On a lightly floured surface, roll each portion into an 8-in. x 6-in. rectangle. Brush with melted butter; sprinkle with colored sugar. Cut into 8-in.-long x 1/4-in.-wide strips. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets; form into bows.
- Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until bottoms are lightly browned. Cool for 1 minute before carefully removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely. Yield: 6 dozen.
Originally published as Buttery Bow Cookies in Taste of Home Christmas Annual
Reviews for Buttery Bow Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review