Buttery Bow Cookies Recipe
My aunt shared this recipe with me many years ago. Family and friends look for these tasty edible bows on my cookie trays each Christmas.—Diana Mangelsen, Frederic, Wisconsin
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- Red and green colored sugar
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt; cut in butter until crumbly. Combine egg and cream; gradually beat into crumb mixture until a ball forms. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes or until easy to handle.
- 2. Divide dough into three portions. On a lightly floured surface, roll each portion into an 8-in. x 6-in. rectangle. Brush with melted butter; sprinkle with colored sugar. Cut into 8-in.-long x 1/4-in.-wide strips. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets; form into bows.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until bottoms are lightly browned. Cool for 1 minute before carefully removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely. Yield: 6 dozen.
1 cookie (calculated without colored sugar) equals 59 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 13 mg cholesterol, 37 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC